Go Wild! Birthday Parties
Each Go Wild! Birthday Party package includes:
• 2 hour room reservation in the beautiful DeFouw Education Center
• Special presentation with up to 4 Animal Ambassadors, including hands-on interactions with the animals
• A keepsake photo of each child with one of the animals
• A craft for all participants
• A Zoo Staff member to assist
What to Expect:
The first hour of the party is facilitated by your Zoo Educator. This includes the animal presentation, photo and craft. Then we’ll turn the party over to you! The second hour is your free time to plan and facilitate. Popular activities include: cake and ice cream, opening presents, party games and visiting zoo exhibits.
What You Provide:
- Refreshments: Cake, ice cream, etc.
- Paper/Plastic products like plates, napkins, eating utensils
To reserve your party date or for more information, please contact the Columbian Park Zoo Education Department at (765) 807-1546 or email Amber Frederick, Education Coordinator at: email@example.com.
Parties are available most weekends, either morning or afternoon. Standard time slots are 10:00am-noon or 2:00-4:00pm. Select evenings may also be available - an after hours fee may apply. Reservations should be made at least 4 weeks in advance for fall and winter dates. For spring and summer parties, please make your reservations 8-12 weeks in advance to ensure the best selection of available dates.
Decorations: Parents may arrive 30 min early to decorate, if desired. Mylar balloons only. All balloons must leave with you at the end of the party.
Refreshments: You are welcome to bring your choice of refreshments. Limited refrigeration space available. Colorful drinks must be contained within a juice box or closed cup. Parents are responsible for all paper goods.
Supervision: Adults attending the party remain responsible for supervising the party guests before, during, and after the party. Children are not permitted to leave the Education Center without a chaperone.
Animals: Special requests for Animal Ambassadors are honored whenever possible; however, to safeguard the well-being of our animal friends, the Zoo reserves the right to make necessary substitutions. Exhibit access may not be available during off season. Please review our full Terms and Conditions.
Go Wild! Birthday Party Fees: $150 for up to 12 participants, $195 for up to 20 participants. An after hours fee of $25 applies to any party ending after 5pm or taking place on a holiday.
*Friends of Columbian Park Zoo members receive a $10 discount on all birthday parties! Join FOCPZ today!
For more information or to schedule your party date, please contact the Columbian Park Zoo Education Department:
Phone: (765) 807-1546
E - mail: Amber Frederick at firstname.lastname@example.org
Go Wild! Birthday Party Terms and Conditions:
• Location and Parking: The Zoo’s DeFouw Education Center is located at 2404 Wallace Avenue, in the southwest corner of zoo grounds. Guests may park in the Wallace Street lot and enter via the gate labeled “Enter Here for Education Programs”. Please note, this is a public parking lot and spaces are limited. Parking cannot be guaranteed. Additional parking is on the surrounding streets. The Education Center has two classrooms, an ocean-themed room and a savannah-themed room. Parties will be scheduled for a specific room based on availability and capacity considerations. Special requests for a particular room will be honored when possible, but the Zoo reserves the right to relocate a party to an alternate classroom space if needed.
•Decorations: To protect the wall finish, no tape is allowed on the walls. Use of thumbtacks, staples, nails, and poster putty on walls is also prohibited. Banners/signs may be hung from cabinets and other fixtures. Mylar balloons only. All balloons must leave with you at the end of the party. Sorry, piñatas are not permitted. You may arrive 30 minutes prior to your party to decorate if you wish. Animals will be brought into the room during this time in preparation for the party. Children must be quiet and well-supervised.
• Refreshments: You are welcome to bring your choice of refreshments. If refrigeration or freezer space is required, please notify the Zoo Education Department at least one week prior. Colorful drinks must be contained within a juice box or similar container. All paper goods are the responsibility of party parents. The Zoo is an alcohol-free, tobacco-free, and drug-free zone.
• Supervision: Adults attending the party remain responsible for supervising guest whereabouts and behavior before, during, and after the party. Excessive noise or unruly behavior may result in cancellation of animal presentation and/or other party activities. Children are not to leave the Education Center without adult supervision. We do not limit the number of adult chaperones other than to adhere to the fire-code room occupancy maximum.
• Animals: Special requests for Animal Ambassadors are honored whenever possible; however, to safeguard the well-being of our animal friends, the Zoo reserves the right to make necessary substitutions.
• Allergy Alert: Parties take place in a building that is NOT an allergen-free zone. Individuals with environmental allergies to common zoo items such as peanuts, tree nuts, dairy, eggs, wheat, animal fur/feathers/dander, etc, may be exposed to allergens. Please share this information with party guests.
• Payment due dates: Party fees are due in full 14 days prior to your party date. Please note that your reservation includes a set number of participating children, either 12 or 20 as determined at the time of booking and invoiced accordingly. If this participation maximum is exceeded you will be invoiced after the party for additional participants at the rate of $8 per participant. Absolute participation maximums: Ocean Room - 18, Savannah Room - 25.
• Room Occupancy Limits: Please note each room carries an occupancy maximum separate from the participation maximum and determined by fire code. No more than 32 total persons are permitted in your party group in the Savannah Room, and no more than 25 total persons are permitted in your party group in the Ocean Room. The Zoo reserves the right to limit participation and attendance due to facility constraints and to maintain quality control.
• Cancellation policy: Our cancellation policy requires 14 days advance notification in order to be eligible for a refund. No refunds are available for parties cancelled less than 14 days prior to the party or for guests that do not participate/attend.