Questions about parking tickets should be directed to the office of Parking Operations.
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Parking Commission meeting dates
**October's Parking Commission meeting has been rescheduled to October 25, 2021.**
- Andrew Muffett, President-City Resident
- Ken McCammon, Vice President-Friends of Downtown
- Cindy Murray, Secretary-Representing Lafayette Board of Works and Public Safety
- T.J. Thieme, Representative-Lafayette Redevelopment Commission
- Jacqueline Chosnek, City Attorney
The Lafayette Parking Commission was created by Ordinance 99-45, on December 6, 1999. The City of Lafayette Municipal Code 2.16.010(A) created the Commission.
The Duties of the Commission are stated in Municipal Code 2.16.010(B), and its authority is described in Municipal Code 2.16.010(C). In general, the Commission's duties are to establish all parking rules and special parking zones within the City of Lafayette. It has the authority to enforce all stopping, standing, and parking restrictions described in Municipal Code 7.06. Parking Enforcement is conducted by the Lafayette Parking Operations Department.
The Parking Commission is composed of:
- 5 members who are chosen by the Mayor of the City of Lafayette.
- 3 members are appointed by the Mayor as representatives of:
- 1 from the Redevelopment Commission,
- 1 from the Board of Public Works and Safety, and
- 1 designee from Greater Lafayette Commerce.
- 2 members are Lafayette Residents appointed by the Mayor, with the consent of the Common Council of the City of Lafayette
4 Ex-Officio (non-voting) members also serve on the Commission:
- A member of the Lafayette Traffic Commission.
- The Chief of the Lafayette Police Department (or a designee)
- The Director of the Economic Development Department (or a designee)
- The Lafayette City Engineer (or a designee)
The Parking Commission is proud to announce the availability of electric vehicle charging stations located in the Columbia Block Parking facility on decks 1 and 2. The charging stations were installed through a partnership with Duke Energy.
If you have any questions about parking in Lafayette please visit the Parking and Traffic page.